Archive for the ‘

Flex

’ Category

Fix for wmode bug still existing in FireFox

I had written a post already for the fixed wmode bug in the new version of flash player in FireFox but now I have made almost complete fix for the issue. The issue itself is appearing when you try to use shift+arrows selection shortcut in TextInput field. So Read more

Flash Player 10.1 and wmode bug

A few months ago when Adobe released the beta version of 10.1 flash player I was very happy to see my application working ok with wmode set to opaque. The text inputs were working absolutely fine with just a small problem – if you try selecting characters with the keyboard with shift and arrows or just moving cursor with arrow keys it was selecting/moving two characters as one. This was a little annoying for me and  I thought they will fix that too. As now the official release is out for about a month and more this problem still exists – yes you can enter non-latin characters but this annoying problem is still there. I am talking about using FireFox and as you know this is totally ok with IE ( for my surprise – I didn’t know that until these days). Something else – the wmode bug still exists in Google Chrome !! It is fixed in FF partially, but the situation in Google Chrome is the same as with the former version.