Archive for the ‘

ActionScript

’ Category

Fix for wmode bug still existing in FireFox

I had written a post already for the fixed wmode bug in the new version of flash player in FireFox but now I have made almost complete fix for the issue. The issue itself is appearing when you try to use shift+arrows selection shortcut in TextInput field. So Read more

Flash Player 10.1 and wmode bug

A few months ago when Adobe released the beta version of 10.1 flash player I was very happy to see my application working ok with wmode set to opaque. The text inputs were working absolutely fine with just a small problem – if you try selecting characters with the keyboard with shift and arrows or just moving cursor with arrow keys it was selecting/moving two characters as one. This was a little annoying for me and  I thought they will fix that too. As now the official release is out for about a month and more this problem still exists – yes you can enter non-latin characters but this annoying problem is still there. I am talking about using FireFox and as you know this is totally ok with IE ( for my surprise – I didn’t know that until these days). Something else – the wmode bug still exists in Google Chrome !! It is fixed in FF partially, but the situation in Google Chrome is the same as with the former version.

First steps in flashlite development

Recently I started getting to know better the flashlite development. I played around with some examples and got really inspired of what I possible could do. So the first two things I looked at were:
Read more